Friday 8 September 2017

Monthly Rewind: August 2017

I'm unsure who first created The Monthly Rewind, but I first discovered this series over at The Perpetual Page-Turner. I love reading this series on so many of the blogs I follow, so I decided to incorporate it into My Literary Lenses as well. 

You know when you feel like everything is up in the air with absolutely no sight of it all falling into place? That's what I feel like lately. Without going into too much detail, I'm basically at a point where I want to be is literally just within reach, but I can't quite grasp it. I know I'm being completely vague, but once everything falls into place (and I do believe it will eventually) I can be more open about it.

Despite feeling a bit MEH, some good things happened this month for My Literary Lenses! I've received some ARCs (stay tuned for more reviews), I'm going to a VERY EXCITING event on Sunday (hint: it has to do with YA lit...) and I've almost reached 400 followers on Instagram!



1. I went house/apartment hunting (kind of.)
I'm not quite ready to move out just yet, but I've been preparing for my first big move for years now. By preparing, I mean scouring Instragram for decor ideas, saving up literally every penny and just daydreaming of an apartment filled with delightful colour pops. Taylor and I drove around a neighbourhood my mum suggested and we reaaaally like it. We're hoping it all works out once we're ready to move out next year.

2. I donated a lot of my belongings.
I like to go through my things every month and donating things I no longer use or don't really love anymore. Again, I've been doing this in preparation for moving out next year.

3. I finally watched Wonder Woman.
Honestly I didn't love Wonder Woman as much as everyone else did and I feel like a complete weirdo for it.

(Shameless plug: @myliterarylenses

 
"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore 

1. My new course.
I am starting a new online course next week. Even though I'm officially done full-time schooling, I love learning and can't get enough of it. (Nerd life.)

2. Word on the Street.
Toronto hosts a massive literary festival each year and I intend to go this time around. 

3. Stranger Things 2.
Wait, didn't I say I was excited about this last month? Still accurate. 


Find me in a galaxy far, far away:
Instagram: @myliterarylenses
Twitter: @literarylenses
Pinterest: /myliterarylenses
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig